" For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain". Philippians 1:21

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Being Creative

Hey guys sorry for not posting in a while but things have been busy and crazy around here.


I wanted to post a few pictures of a cake I made for a friend at my church. Saturday we had a going away luncheon for her since her hubby is being restationed and sunday was her last one. So since she was moving I was given the opportunity to make a cake. I have been wanting to try and make this cake for awhile now and I finally had an excuse to make it.


I made this cake from scratch and even the icing. It had two layers and each layer was split in two to make it four layers of cake and icing. The only problem I had was it is very hot in my house since we dont have AC here so the icing was soft and things went sliding at one point. I decided to put it in the fridge for awhile for it to set and it finally held. If you click on the picture you may see more detailing of the cake. If you cant see it the icing has a wavy pattern all over it. Not my best work but I learned for next time. It was alot of work but it was so much fun and I liked making it all from scratch and cant wait for the next time.



12 comments:

Laura said...

Oh man! That is a way cool cake! I had to get a closer look because it sort of looked liked maybe some sort of craft flower on there! I am so going to use this idea! VERY COOL! I think you did a really good job with it. I am going to show the girls and probably make this for the 4th. Oh and I am sorry about not having AC, can I send a sympathy card? :-)

Laura

PS Show off more of your creativity...I may want to "stea...borrow" some more ideas!

Jenny P. said...

Laura it was so much fun and afterwards I started to think of what i could do different. Like one idea was in the different layers instead of just icing add thin slices of kiwi or another fruit that way it has something other then filling. It was just your basic white cake and if you anyone wants the recipe I can send it to you.

Pam--in America said...

That is awesome!! You did a great job... so cute!

I remember those days of no A/C in CA. Do you live in Stuart Mesa?

Unknown said...

that is so cute! Love it..... Send me the recipe lol... I may make it for an event I have coming up with Justin's work.... Hope all is well!

Jenny P. said...

Yep I live in the wonderful old stuart mesa. But God is good and I have a home so no complainets here. I hope to just sweat a few pounds off now and then, hehehehe.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Your cake is beautiful. I would like to try that some time. Did you use almond slices for the flower petals?

Liz said...

That cake is so adorable!!! I love it! I must make one now.

How hot is it there???

Jenny P. said...

Ok yes I used sliced almonds and it do take a bit to finish.

It does'nt seem that hot but it is around the 90s and up depending on the day and if we have a wind blowing.

Pam--in America said...

go for a walk sometime and look for Fiorentin St. I lived in 108, and Heather lived in 107 or 109 (right across the street). I'm sure it's been deemed an historical site by now ***Pam lived HERE*** :o)

Kimberly said...

Wonderful cake...I just finished up Philip's pizza birthday cake. Will post pics of it later. Love the idea...may have to use it. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Heather said...

That is SUCH a beautiful cake!

Heather said...

I am cracking up at Pam's comment 107...I'm pretty sure-there's a little play area right behind the house. :D